About the Filmmakers
Richard LeBlanc: Director/Co-producer
Richard LeBlanc has been working on this film for four years and still can't solve the Rubik's Cube. His passion for the subject, humorous attitude, and depth of knowledge have built a trust from the cubing community allowing him intimate access into a unique world.
Past directing experience includes:
- Lipstick, a short comedy that Richard also wrote and produced.
- Ceux-là, a documentary developed with the Office National du Film (ONF) that explores issues of race and family.
As a writer, Richard draws from his honors degree from the Writing and Performance Program of Humber College School of Comedy. His first feature script, Counting The Days
, was a finalist in the Atlantic Film Festival's Scripts Outloud contest in 2003 and a quarter finalist in the Nicholl Fellowship Screenwriting Award in Los Angeles in 2004.
Richard is an accomplished actor who has been featured in both principal and lead roles in a variety of comedy theatre revues. He has also acted in numerous independent and student films and appeared, albeit briefly, in Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
Walter Forsyth: Producer/Co-director
As a producer, Walter Forsyth brings experience, integrity and commitment to the project. His siblings swear he solved the Rubik's Cube as a child but he has no recollection.
His activities include:
- Executive Director of the Atlantic Filmmakers Cooperative (AFCOOP) in Halifax
- Member of the Board of Directors of Hot Docs International Film Festival
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Independent Media Arts Alliance (IMAA)
- Past Executive of the Atlantic chapter of the Documentary Organization of Canada (DOC)
As a filmmaker, Walter has written, produced and directed a dozen short films, music videos and commercials. In addition, he's completed four documentaries, including After Frank
and 30 Takes
. He has won several awards for his work (LSD 25
, The June Bug Symphony
), including TIFF Film Circuit Best of Canadian Shorts (Old St. Nick
). Walter has screened his films around the world at over 80 festivals.